Thursday 21 March 2013

Take Two

Good evening everyone!

I must ask, is there anything more relaxing than a nice, warm, bubble filled bath?

I think not!

Not sure if this is clear from the title, but this is actually my second attempt at posting today, the first was on my way home from work where after posting the page seemed to vanish into the Dev|Nul for some reason.

Anyway, what I wanted to talk to you about today was how I think the GameCast went yesterday.

Well we managed to record on time, and prior to editing were looking at a run time of about 45mins.

After removing unnecessary segments, like me searching for a note pad and pen, swearing very loudly and eventually using MS Word (which proceeded to get arsey with me) and inserting the intro, outro and intermission it came to only a matter of seconds short of the 30min plan.

The episode can be found on the embedded player on this blog, titled Episode 01: Here Comes The Boom. It can also be downloaded here or you can find it on iTunes by searching for New Fairbank Radio.

If you are curious (and I should probably add this info to the patch notes) the reason for the whole Boom thing isn't really explained in the episode, and I will explain next week, but for now I'll explain it as "Boom" was my nickname when I was 18, short for Richiboom, which was my email address.

When we were coming up with names for the gaming crew who will feature on the show my friend Rob suggested The Order of the Boom and it kinda stuck (but I'm still pushing for Doctor Loxley and the Boomers).

So it is because of this that I thought the first track had to be my own personal wrestling intro track: P.O.D. - Boom.

For those curious the intermission is a song called Farewell by Apocalyptica, and the Outro music is the introduction to The March of Mephisto by Kamelot.

Anyway, I'm going to finish my bath and get on with my WoW Dailies, so until next time, stay safe and I'll see you breachside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment