Tuesday 2 July 2013

An Alpha CRYPTS card

Good Tuesday everyone!

So what have I been up to recently? Not much, other than finding out that something has gone wrong with NFR Episode 14 and it's bringing up a 404, I'll have to try and fix that tonight.

No, today I want to discuss with you the CRYPTS Character Sheet:



Now I decided the best bet with this would be to start off with MQ's Character Card and re-work it to suit my own needs.

So the logo has been replaced with CRYPTS' the name space remains, the cogs remain (I need to re-do these however in the new font).

The stat panel has also been updated, with line 1 reflecting the Base Stats and Line 2 for the Skill Stats.
- These stats are as follows:

Base Stats
M: Movement
T: Toughness
R: Resiliance
H: Health

Skill Stats
ML: Melee
RG: Ranged
MG: Magic

You will also note that I have updated the Wounds and Stone section, removing them all together and adding 'droplets' and 'bacon' (I'll get to the bacon in a bit).

First we have the droplets. These are supposed to represent droplets of blood, which would be filled in as you take damage corresponding with your Health (H) Stat.
- Yeah, they have not gone down well. I'm going to trial this again with a different mechanic, maybe just an empty box to allow players to record their 'on the fly' health however they like.

Then we have the 'Bacon'. Yeah it's not bacon, it's supposed to be a shard of red crystal, or for those who've been following my lore, Blood Shards. There are three with 1 cog each to allow you to mark them off as you use them.
- These have also been met with critical review, our friend Vicky from NFR asking if they were strips of Bacon (hence why it's being called bacon in its current form). I'll be looking for another way of representing these. I still like the idea of having 3 Crystal Shards on the card, after all, you only ever have up to 3 available to use, so it seems like the perfect thing to show.

*************
I have also started work on a Quick Start rules pack, something I can put out and let people read over and give a quick test.

This is taking longer than I expected, but (hope) to have a first draft ready by the end of the week.

**********

Anyway, that's all from me for now so until next time, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment