Friday 5 July 2013

The Other Side

Good Friday everyone!

So last night me and the rest of the Radio crew recorded Episode 15 (can you believe it's been 15 already? CRAZY! Especially as so many of the recent episodes have been a good hour+)

Anyway, this week there was a twist, rather than carrying on the game as we normally would Will GM'd and I took the roll of player.

There's not much to say here that won't be covered in the cast itself that'll be going up tonight, but it was very interesting to see the different view you get when playing compared to GMing.

For starters there appears to be less problems with the game. Speed is still an issue, and something I think GM Will learned was how you can set up a situation for the players to do, and it will be obvious what they have to do, so super obvious you'd think they'd have to be crazy to do anything else...

... The thing is, the moment you hand over the reins to the players, they WILL find something unexpected to do. And this is something that I've really struggled to deal with when I GM.

It's trying to find the balance with giving players enough of a challenge while also not taking hours and hours to complete and allowing for players to do things and take tangents that you never ever expected.

It's next to impossible!

So what do you do?

I'm not sure if there is an actual answer, but what do I do? I design a whole new game!

And on that note, please find the first ever Beasty Card for CRYPTS!


Now if you read this through with hope it will make the rules of the QuickStart make a little more sense.

Anyway, that's it from me today, so take care and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment