Monday 8 July 2013

Weekend Catchup: Terrain Plans, Miniature Block & Monster Hunting

Good Monday everyone!

So it's the start of a new working week, and boy what a weekend. You see my family and I don't do so well in the heat, and this weekend being at an almost constant 26-30oC means that we spent the whole time struggling to sleep, or actually do anything at all.

Not fun.

But that's not to say I haven't been busy!

So on Friday I decided to acknowledge my creeping wants to give Infinity a go.

A large part of this is because of my plans for a gaming table: think a flyover, with a large skyway road or two intercrossing and high rise buildings filling up the space with walkways and ramps connecting everything.

I spent a good few hours looking for choices, finding websites with options and throwing things in baskets just to see the prices; £105 here, £68 there, all in all, a lot of expense.

It was then that I remembered Papercraft!

Those who remember this time last year I was busy building a Malifaux Streets board with Papercraft:




There was a lot about this board that I loved, and so I quickly took to the same websites I bought these templates for, £10 here, £3 there, the WHOLE thing came to about £20 and not including paper, ink etc will have enough to make what should be the entire board!

Sweet!

*********

Then we have my issue of Miniature Block.

If you're thinking, this is what I mean when you try to decide on which models to collect and ate stuck.

For me almost every faction has models I like.

I love things like this one from PanO:


The thing is, PanO in general doesn't appeal to me.

Next we have the ALEPH:









There's something about these augmented humans that really appeals to me.

But there's also the Nomads, who have such a wide variety if looks from very cool looking humans, massive mechs and even anthropomorphic characters:









But then ALEPH do have acces to:



So yeah... Kinda stuck as is...

*********

So what else have I been doing? Well let's not forget The Secret World:


I recently reinstalled this game about a month ago and have been loving it!

If you have yet to play this game and you like MMOs I seriously suggest trying it out. It's super fun!

So what have we been doing on this over the weekend? Well we hunted down a Wraith that was hunting down a quest giver, we also went to a fairground that is channelling occult energy, travelled into the dream world and released the spirits of trapped children.

There is so much more, like taking on a massive Cthulhu Beasty and releasing a haunted house from it's curse etc that we've been doing over the past few weeks, but it's all awesome!

*********

Anyway, that's all from me today, so on that note, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment