Wednesday 17 July 2013

Loot Decks & Odds n Ends

Good Wednesday everyone!
- can you believe we're already halfway through the week?

While I wait for my Loxfest poll to fill up: http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?45396-Testing-an-Idea-Loxfest-2014-(Working-Title) and thanks to those who have voted, and if you haven't I'd super-massively appreciate it if you would.

Last night I got started on the first basic deck for CRYPTS!

Before I begin card crafting, I want to make sure that I can do the 60 card deck with remote ease.

Currently I have allocated 5 Epic Cards and 10 Rare cards, so that's 15/60 done.

At this stage I have nothing to show for it other than a small list which I'm not ready to reveal 'just' yet.

What I can tell you is the initial names and basic description of the 5 Epic Loot items:

1). Energy Explosion: A long ranged Spell that does AOE damage.
2). Energy Nova: A Melee Spell that does AOE damage radiating from the caster.
3). Displacement Aura: An AOE that buffs stats of your choice for anyone within the AOE including the caster.
4). Gatling Gun: A 2 handed ranged weapon that does moderate damage but rolls a LOT of dice.
5). Infernis Axe: A 2 handed melee weapon that deals very high damage.

***********

After much discussion with Sarah last night we both came to the conclusion that the 'basic' deck should be made up of neutral weapons and magic, none of them are attached to any of the factions, be them Law, Elemental, Bones or Blood.

While this reduces the initial flavour from that deck it means that the later paths cards to be released will not have their toes trodden on. It also allows me to release themed deck boosters in future.

Anyway, that's all from me, take care and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment