Thursday 11 July 2013

CRYPTS: Extract from Dr Loxley's Manual of Monsters - The Skittering Shadow

Every town has it's fair share if vermin; roaches, rats, even bats in some places.

New Fairbank is no different, but the Crypts? Now they are different.

Down in the Dark Below, things are always different. The vermin always appears larger, and rarely do they come in to conflict with each other.

If someone had told me before that I would see giant rats and spiders working together to bring down a posse of six men, I'd have laughed in their faces. But things down there are not as they should be.

Frank calls it 'The Skittering Shadow', claims there's some sort of overriding force that drives all Crypt Vermin towards a common goal. I want to disagree with him, to tell him that it's all nonsense, but I've seen too many things not to agree.

There's definitely something down there, something separate from the undead and the demons. The Skittering Shadow.



***********
Good Thursday everyone!

Just a quick one today, I hope you liked this entry into the manual, it is in fact an into into non other than one of my first NPC factions.

The Skittering Shadow is all things vermin, spiders, rats, flies etc and will with hope combine with the other factions to give you all a deeper understanding.

You see while there is turmoil above ground between The Law and the different schools, below ground there is equal conflict between the beasties themselves.

So until next time, stay safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

PS. I hate spiders - I can't believe I'm actually going to be writing rules about these things...

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment