Thursday 18 July 2013

Breaking News: Eric has plastics!

Good Thursday everyone!

No banter from me today, instead on to two photos put out by EricJ of Wyrd Games:

First up is the Lady Justice crew


Followed quickly by the addition of the Iron Zombies and a Witchling Stalker.

***********

Well that's the news part, time for the opinion section!

I'll be honest, I've got a mixed bag of emotion over this.

Lady J's crew look very dynamic, perhaps a little too dynamic in the case of the Death Marshals. I'm looking at them and thinking that even my awesome Battlefoam carry case would massively struggle keeping them safe, if they would even fit in the pockets.

The scales look nice, which I kinda expected as I'm not a fan of the original, and I like the look of the Judge.
- Does he look like the Judge? Not really but he looks pretty cool!

If anything I think LJ herself looks the least interesting, which of course is not supposed to be what you think when you see a master with their crew.

Do I want to buy them? Lets put them on the maybe pile. Low down on the maybe pile. The rest will have to really blow for me to buy.

Second picture, so we have a Witchling, ok so I've never used them in games, but I've always liked the look of the sculpts, here we're seeing... What? It's what appears to be a 2d sculpt with next to no movement in it compared to the Death Marshals.
Will this fit in my carry case and be easy to assemble? Yes. Will I buy it OVER other models? No.

Now we have to keep an open mind here, we've already seen a Witchling sculpt as a single piece, and it was confirmed that said model was a promotional item on a magazine. Maybe they did multiple sculpts for this, so we're not actually looking at the crew model but instead a promotional version?

And last we have the Iron Zombies.

I'm not so hot on these. I like the idea, mechanical undead, it's cool and should work nicely with my v2 Levi crew (assuming the sculpts are anywhere near the awesome art).

The snake dude at the back, he's quite fun, the big dude at the front, he's... Alright... The one holding a water tank far right, could either take or leave. The winged one at the back, urgh horrid!

The problem I have with the Transmortis lot is that Wyrd have gone down the 'mad scientist' route again, but done so in a way that I don't think is all that super scary or creepy.
- I guess their theme sort of reminds me of the whole 'human centipede' thing. It's not scary, it's just gross.

****************

Well that ended on a bum note, it wasn't meant to...

Anyway, that's all from me for now.

Stat safe and I'll see you Cryptside!

- Your friendly neighbourhood Doctor Loxley

No comments:

Post a Comment