Wednesday 1 February 2012

How To: Trees

Morning, Over the next couple of days I'll be showing my WIP town itself. First off, my favourite part, the autominal forest. To make this I used the following:
Model railway tree kit
Lichen By shaping the tree skeleton as I wanted, I then glued the lichen to the branches. This was done in an almost random and non uniform manner. Then I made my tried and tested 'desert wasteland' scenic bases and mounted the trees. (I'll put up a tutorial on the bases soon, but as an example:
Anyway, put two and two together and you get:
And there we have it. I hope you like my "how to" on trees, I think they make a nice addition to any gaming table.

2 comments:

  1. Very effective, what base size did you use for the trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The base size are 30mm with HO scale trees. Normally HO would be too small, but these trees seem perfectly sized for Malifaux or similar.

    I have been thinking of getting some 40mm bases and making a "tree with some bushes" and some 50mm bases with a number of trees on them to mix things up a little

    ReplyDelete