Friday 3 February 2012

New Feature: Friday Review - Sarissa Precision


Good Friday everybody!

So here's a new feature: Review Friday!

I'd like to start the first review with Sarissa Precision's Heroic Scale Old West buildings: www.sarissa-precision.co.uk

Over Christmas my lovely wife bought me a 5 pack selection of stores and their chapel.

Delivery:

I can't account for this myself, as like i said these were presents ordered on my behalf, but from what I understand even during the Xmas rush the lead time on our order was no more than a few days.

The items arrived in one order and well packaged without a single dent or bit of damage to them, which considering how soft the wood they are made from is, says a lot about them.

Assembly:

Now assembly for these items really was quite easy, especially the small stores, they require little more than snapping together and a tiny dot of glue.

The chapel however requires constant glueing, but with a bit of patience and a fast drying super glue i managed to attach everything in no time with little overspill.

Overall look and feel:

I must admit, I am in love with these buildings. I have yet to play a game with them, but they look the part. At some point in the near future i should be giving them some paint for the store fronts etc however what I love about them is that they don't need it!

Straight out of the box post assembly, thanks to the laser cut technique they were made with they are already textured and near perfect. To be honest I think all that is 'needed' is a slight weathering on the walls.

Conclusion:

If like me you have always wanted an Old West themed game board, truth be told I cant fault these buildings. They would possibly look infinatly better with a few props and internal set pieces, some pews and an alter for the chapel to fill is massivly empty insides, however it is my belief that Sarissa leave them empty so you can fill them as much or as little as suits your needs (let's not forget that these are for miniature wargaming with bases often far larger than the models, when you start cluttering them up with random props, chairs and tables it makes manuvering a lot harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment